- Creating/discovering a sound grounding in understanding the overall structure, function, and experience of spirituality, especially as potentially practiced by people of reason. Learning over-arching spiritual truths that apply to the endeavor of spirituality as a whole, possibly regardless of which exact spirituality is focused on. Thus, seeking the common elements and experiences that all or most spiritualities share.
- Finding, creating, and/or tailoring a specific spirituality for my personal spiritual needs, a spirituality that can provide me what my spirit craves in the manner and mode which nourishes it best. This likely may also entail finding or building a community of people to share this journey with.
Those are my two goals – and I haven’t ruled out the possibility that the answer to the first one may in and of itself provide the second – which would be something amazing if it worked out that way.
In the process of, well, stumbling forward on both goals, I will be considering all kinds of ideas and processes, chronicling my greatly imperfect journey post by post in the SF blog. As I come to specific understandings, I will add pages to “bookmark” these ideas – like the pages for Reason and Spirituality referenced above. However, expect to see even these anchors change and evolve over time as the journey unfolds.
Other pages to keep an eye on (which will be coming soon) are:
- The Glossary - a handy reference for not just words used here that may seem unfamiliar, but also for checking to find out the exact way familiar words may used in an unfamiliar or novel context. Spirit is a common word, for example, but to find out exactly what that word means here check our Glossary.
- The Summary - an ever-evolving set of “Cliff’s Notes” of the base structure being developed here. While not as readable and illustrated as the more detailed pages and posts, it’s a good basic breakdown of the current state of the site, a “TL:DR”, if you will.
- Contact - for constructive criticisms, ideas, suggestions, questions, and more.
- About Me - in case you wanted to see from whom all this madness is springing.
- And of course the main page of the site, the blog itself.
I hope that any of you who stumble over this blog will find my stumbling entertaining, illuminating, thought-provoking, perhaps all three. Ultimately I hope that some time from now I can look back of my notes on this journey – represented by this site itself – and gather from it an integrated and complete answer that serves my two intentions.
For now, I am content to simply put one foot in front of the other.